Wow. That is a beautiful quote. I love it. (I attached the quote mentioned at the bottom)
Here are the answers to your questions:
Yes. I will "die" here in Budapest. I just got this crazy new companion, Sis. G. She's a fiery red head and has the most COMMANDING personality. It's like you mom, in hyper form when it comes to neatness, simplicity, and logical thinking. We get along SO well though. Kind of a relief after last transfer. 8 weeks left. I can do this.......
I know I have been pretty stressed out lately with my past comp and then with getting things figured out here in Buda. Sis. G helps so much. Actually, she is PERFECT. Mom, seriously. She knows how to do missionary work so effectively, and so simply. I'm like in the corner trying to cut out cute things for lessons and she's like " Let's just teach it. " It's really funny. I'm like dad, I make bumble-bee costumes for everything. I gotta stop. I am trying to figure out how my personality is usable in the Lord's work. it's interesting. :)
I can't believe I only have 8 weeks. I am pretty excited to come home and pretty sad to leave. BUT I am focused and we are working like dogs. dogs. dogs. So don't worry. So, yes dad I will figuratively throw up at the finish line.
This week was the craziest week of my life. Let me bullet. I am getting WAY too lazy. Sorry to all of those who are expecting my letters.
1. I lost two new missionaries in the biggest part of Hungary. HAHAHAHAHA. It actually wasn't that funny. But now it is.
2. Z. is getting baptized this week.....PRAY for her.
3. Adgie poo! I got to talk to Sister Fowers ( let's not forget who number 1 is.....) and I am going to miss her. I forgot how much I was expecting to see her face to be there when I got home.
4. We have been seeing miracles this week. This is going to be a great way to end my mission. We are seriously sprinting.
5. I cut my compie bangs yesterday. And they are ADORABLE. Quote from her: " I have enough sass in me for 3 black women." And she's right.
6. 9 NEW INVESTIGATORS. WHAT!?
This girl is on firreeeee, this girl is on fireeeee..........
7. The Szipliék came to Buda to see me. I love them!
I've been doing a lot of self-evaluation.( Scary. I know. ) I just want to make sure that by the end I gave it all up. I fought a good fight, I kept the faith, and I finished the race. Or something like that. I think a lot of things hold us back from being exactly that. I wake up every day and pray to do MY best. I can't compare or I'll feel the bare. Catchy. I like that. And I feel good about that. I am so grateful the Lord can work with little weirdoes like me. And like everyone. I love him. He takes care of us. I've also been reading my patriarchal ( oh for crying out loud, I can't think in English anymore. Hope I spelled it right.) blessing and looking for the things I have promised the Lord and for the things he has promised me. It is really quite beautiful.
Pretty much this isn't the top of the Mountain. Me getting home is just another slope. I am just grateful we get water breaks and pep talks.
Alright. I hope that was acceptable. Forgive the letter famine. I was weak.
I love you all! Be safe! GO SISTER FOWERS.......2.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Sis. Fowers 1
We made vows, solemn vows, in the heavens before we came to this mortal life…. We have made covenants. We made them before we accepted our position here on the earth….
We committed ourselves to our Heavenly Father, that if He would send us to the earth and give us bodies and give to us the priceless opportunities that earth life afforded,
– we would keep our lives clean and
– would marry in the holy temple and
– would rear a family and teach them righteousness.
This was a solemn oath, a solemn promise. (Pres. Spencer W. Kimball)