Monday, June 24, 2013

The Lord gives to those that ask!





(Letter from Brooke, above)

Guess who is leaving Duna?
Guess who is going to be with her same companion she had in the MTC?
Guess who is going to have to teach lessons in one of the hardest languages in the world- that she has been learning for 4 months, with another missionary that is the same mission age?
Guess who is going to a HUGE city with tons of investigators ( Kispest)?
GUESS WHO HAS TO PACK, SAY GOODBYE TO THE CTIY, TEACH ENGLISH CLASS ALONE AND CLEAN THE APARTMENT?
And guess who burned her oatmeal this morning? ( Which NEVER happens.)

Sister Fowers! Am I painting an accurate description of how entirely stressed out I am? I am so excited and so nervous. I think this will be a really good thing for me though. ( Even though I would really like to crawl in a hole and eat gummy bears or something :)  This week has been incredible. I have seen so many miracles. I have met so many people here who I never want to leave. ( I am sending a picture of K. and me.) Let me share some of those miracles:
Miracle number 1: So we met with K. and her kids again! We arrived right after lunch and she was cleaning up and the kids were all down for naps. Her husband, Á., was there and she told us that he would like to join us and learn about what we were teaching. We of course told him he was welcome to join us. We had seen him at church last week, but we just thought he was just coming for K. We were all in the kitchen and he started to tell us his story.
Last time we had met with K., he had walked in towards the end of our meeting and we only introduced ourselves but he said that he had felt a warmness that he had only felt before when he was in prison. He was in prison for three years and while he was there an old man taught him about Jesus Christ, and God, and the Bible. He said that while he was in prison he prayed and felt like it was a good thing to believe in this Jesus person and God. When he came to church he said he felt the same thing. He then told us how he had a rough childhood, he lived alone for a long time. He married K. and they began to have some relationship problems, pretty bad issues. The police were involved, there was drinking, and abuse, and it was very ugly.
He said he wanted to change. He had tears in his eyes when he told us that he had felt peace when he saw us in his home. He just wants to live with his kids and his wife. He wants to be a different person. He knew we could help. He was absolutely sincere, he just kept asking how can I change? How can I start over? How? We told him all the things we had to teach would help him, and that we were there invite others to be baptized and commit to follow Christ. He accepted. He wants to be baptized. All we have to do now is teach him all the lessons. We have already taught the Restoration. Anyways, I was thinking that night when I said my prayers about his little son, D.  He looks so much like a little Nathan. I was thinking of all the things these kids had seen, and all the things this man had seen, and all the things that K. is going through, and I just thought: " How great thou art." I am so blessed to have met them.

Miracle Number 2: E. is preparing to get baptized. We taught her that Christ said that all men must be baptized and then she asked "What about my daughter." Well I have never been more happy to share about the temple and that all people will have the opportunity to be baptized and have this gospel taught to them. She is wanting to go to the temple now for her daughter. :)

Miracle Number 3: Well, Friday was a long day. We had just tracted some very warm buildings, and were sweaty, tired, and hungry. We had not found anyone to teach so we started the long walk home. On the way home we passed a young man sitting on a bench we said hi and kept walking. I felt like I should talk to him, but I knew it was going to be weird because we had already passed him. I thought why not? What is the worst that could happen? We started talking to him and he said that he didn't believe in God because he was sick.  He has a really bad limp and the left side of his body is turned in. He said people always judged him for his disability and that he felt no God would do that to his children. We were able to testify to him that God did love him and that we were here to help him, and that we could teach him how he could build a relationship with God.  He was super grateful and set up a time to meet with us.  The next day were studying on a bench near where we had met him, and he limped by grinning from ear to ear and asked " Were you two praying for me?"  We had prayed for him. He said that after we had met he had gotten a new job, and that everything was going so well. We were so excited for him and we talked for a while- BFF's vagunk!  He is coming to the branch house to be taught. I won't be there but Sis. C. will take care of him :)
Anyways, all week we had miracle after miracle. And we are meeting the most humble, ready people. We love it.
Sigh. This is all true. I love it all, and I am so grateful to be here.
I am sorry, I did not get a chance to write everyone personally this week, I am SO BUSY. Next week. I love you all! I pray for you all! The Lord gives to those that ask!
Love Sis. Fowers

No comments:

Post a Comment