Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Adley's Letter Hungary 4






Family, Friends, and Countrymen, lend me your ears,
Alright, I am running out of ideas to start letters. It is so INCREDIBLE to hear from everyone this week! So much is happening!?!  Shawn is getting married to the prettiest girl in the world ( Mom the pictures are incredible!) , Thomas is a lady-killer.  Adgie Poo is graduating, Jaaron  is being a bum- hey wait, that hasn't changed....Peter is raising the fattest turkeys in the land, Natey-boy is taking Spanish to another level, and Little B is sending me love notes...STILL. Brooke, I love you more than everyone else. Dad loved the letter. Yo da bomb. And Mom...
BOLDOG ANYU-NAP!!!!!   Happy Mother's DAY!!!!

Let's see.  The language. Well it could be worse, but I think I am doing pretty okay. I can pick out the main theme of what people are saying and I am pretty good at saying we are missionaries. I was streeting the other day- which we do all day, every day, we only had 3 lessons this week and we have to drop one of them, sad, sad- and I went up to this older nanny and started telling her we were missionaries and we had a message about Christ, and she started saying something very passionately. I thought she was bearing her soul to me and thanking me for being in Hungary and sharing about Christ. Wrong. She then looked at me after she said that and asked " Az teszik neked?" Which means does that please you? Then I gave her the biggest, stupidest grin, and said" Nagyon teszik, nekem" That is very pleasing to me. Well, she lost it and started yelling really loudly in my face. My companion saved me by dragging me away. Apparently the nanny had been telling me that Americans think they are so much better than everyone else and that they thought they could just walk all over everyone, and I told her that pleased me very much. It was pretty bad, and slightly comical. There are some Hungarians that feel that way though, unfortunately.

OH! AND I MET MY FIRST JEHOVAH WITNESSES OUT HERE! We were going to visit one of our member nanny friends- É. and we walk in and there they are trying  to read  their pamphlets with É.! I felt cheated on. They talked about the destruction of the world, and we politely listened and you could tell they wanted to get us to fight but we just sat quietly. É's. brother-in-law sends them to her so she normally visits with them to be polite. At the end I told him we had a message about Christ too, and that is why we are here. He then told us that Cain talked to God to and that, that did not make him a good person. Ouch. He gave one last plug before É. banished him. It was crazy. I was thinking the whole time they were there, " Man, I would hate to go around in a skirt and try and get people to believe.....hey wait a second!"I forgot that is exactly what I was doing, and I loved it! I have been thinking about our messages though and why they are different.
Our message is based on Faith, Hope, and Love. Their message is fear. I felt so bad for them. They kept saying how the world was to be destroyed and how there is so much evil and so little good, etc. But you know what? There is so much good out here! I do not care if the world explodes. I know where I am going. I do not have to rely on fear but in the greatest hope that has ever existed- That Christ has conquered all and faith in him allows us to do all things. I love it, I love him, I love this mission.
We went tracting out in the country on Saturday- IN a rainstorm! It was Awesome. It was pouring, we were soaked ( and probably looked really attractive), and cold, but it was the funnest day I have had out here! The Elders took one side of the street and we took the other and we csengőed- door belled all the pretty little houses. We were singing while we walked, and just had the greatest time! After the storm we decided to stay in the area while the Elders went back to the city for a programme. The sun started shining again and we met with some of the nicest nannies and gave out some Book of Mormons. It was so wonderful!
We have a new investigator that came out of nowhere! M. She is dating our recent convert M. and they are so cute together! She wants to be baptized, so we are helping her prepare for that. Probably end of July is what she is thinking, we are so happy.

Transfers are tomorrow! I am staying with Sis. C., and Sis. H. is leaving to go to Pest. This is her first time being senior and I am going to have to speak a lot more. I just need to avoid nannies.

Last P-day we went to the park and played soccer by the Duna River. Super fun. We saw a boat called Péter that reminded of the guy in our family. You know the one with pointy hair? Anyway... I am sending some pictures of that and of Buda- that is the biggest city here that is just gorgeous. 

Alright. I love you all. I am working hard out here and coming closer to my Savior every day. I love this work, and the gospel.
Love Sis. Fowers


Mom,
I just wanted to tell you that what you sent me is incredible. I am really taking my time and trying to  do some introspection. You are so great. I am so amazed by the fact that you are so willing to help people in need. You are the best missionary I know. Seriously, think of how many lives you have changed!!!  Love you so much! Sis. Fowers
Carissa,
What in the world? (this part is edited :).....seriously, that sounds super fun. Have a blast. And set a goal to kiss him. That was definitely, the inner-missionary coming out. Thank you for sending the package, and sorry for the short e-mails. I do not have any time!!! I love reading yours though. They are the BEST. Hey love you and I have to go, because it is a transfer day tomorrow and we  need to get some lessons ready for tonight. Also, did I tell you that I think you are beautiful and that I loved every outfit you were wearing in your pictures. AND WAY TO GO. Misszionarius vagy! You are a missionaryyyyy. and mom is calling on Sunday, you should try to get on that call because I want to hear your voice. Alright. Love you. Love Sis. Fowers

Thomas,
I just want to say that I am so amazed by where you are right now. I can see a complete difference in who you are becoming and the happiness you are experiencing. It is all from the gospel! This is blessing your life so much, and now you are going out to bless other people's lives....and who knows maybe you'll have someone- wink, wink- waiting for you!?!?! CRAZY. So you held, held hands? Not just for the dance part, but in the car? Hot stuff. keep me posted and I want to hear more about your mission, kay?
Love Sis. Fowers
Boys.
I love you all very dearly. Peter and Nathan, thank you for your letters. You have touched my heart, and I am excited to hear you to speak Spanish nate and for Peter to raise obese turkies.

Dear Jaaron.
You sarcastic little punk. If I do not get a letter from you I will send fatty bacon peices to everyone else in the family except you. That is all.
Brooke,
Yes, I have the pictures. Yes, I love them. Yes, I love you. Please keep sending me e-mails- The are so stinking cute. Are you getting ready to be BAPTIZED??????? Also, can you please tell me how Catniss is doing. I have a really bad feeling dad disposed of her soon after I left. Alright. Love you. Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment