Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Adley's Letter Hungary 3






Mom! Thank you so MUCH! GAH! You are the greatest! This is just what I needed! I am printing it off and I am going to study it for the next year and a half! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!!


First, let me just say one thing:

I feel like some of my e-mails have not been very positive, and I do not want you to think I am in a constant state on deprivation. I do not want people to get the wrong idea about this place. It is beautiful. The people are beautiful, prepared, and their hearts are big and bright. This is where I am supposed to be. I love church and Jesus Christ. I love my life. I am sorry to write about some of the harder things that have happened- I do not want people to feel bad when they read my e-mails. I am just sharing what I feel, and what I feel is that the Lord is blessing me. Yeah, it is hard. Yeah, I am going to get over it! I will Legyözni ( overcome)!

Alright, so with that all cleared up just know I am doing well and I am kind of a baby too. 



THIS WEEK WAS INCREDIBLE. We had 19 finding hours, which means we have walked down every part of this city, and I know it like the back of my hand. We have tracted some of the most interesting people! Yesterday, we were talking to an old basci about the Book of Mormon and we did not realize he was completely drunk until we tried to hand him the Book of Mormon. My poor  companion. She is standing there trying to help the man hold the Book of Mormon, not our best placement. Hahaha. Also, we tracted into a super angry nanny. Here is how the converstaion went: 

Nani: Miaz? ( Who's there?)
Us: Mi misszionariusok vagyunk. ( we are the missionaries)
Nani: Ki? "Who?"
Us: Missionariusok!
Nani: Ki?
Us: MISSZIONARIOUSOK!!!!
( Nanies face has now distorted into the most disgusted face, and she is shaking her fro back and forth)
Nanny: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
and then she slammed the door in our face with power only paralleled to the wooshi-finger-hold. It was classy. 

And then we had an awesome service project on saturday! Super fun. We were plowing a field for a less active member. The Hungarian nannies sat around a GIANT cauldron making potato and sausage soup- Paprikas crumpli,  L.( the little boy that reminds me of Nathan) Was dragging around his ferret on a leash and trying to make it ride a toy tractor, and we were banging up dirt clods with the elders and raking up all the weeds. I probably put in a good 4 hours of solid labor, did the farm proud ma. After that we were starving and we had that soup, which is basically potatoes, paprika, and slim jims, with bakery bread.....SO GOOD. We were so full we couldn't stand up straight. The thing with Hungarian food is you think you could eat more and then WHAM. It feels like your stomach is holding a 10lb. weight. Dreadful feeling, but sooo good. The nannies love me now. J.  had me sit on her lap. HAHAHAHA. Making up for all those years I was never held. ( wink, wink mom.)  We were talking about this the other day, and the way to best describe J.  is Hagrid's little sister. That sounds mean, but really it isn't you just have to meet this woman! After getting our faces kissed off ( I counted. 15 smooches) we went home and streeted, and lived Happily Ever After.

We still can't find M.! I am praying we will see him everyday! Work is pretty slow right now, and a few investigators dropped us. Sad, sad. 

We had a stake conference here at Duna, but it was for the others wards around the area. They came in buses, and after our church ended and they had all gone inside we were going to the car and we see the bus driver, in the middle of the church lawn, propped up on his little lawn chair, just tanning it up in a Speedo. Unfortunately we didn't have time to go over modesty with him. 

I just got done cleaning the apartment. I woke up at 5:00, worked out, and scrubbed that little baby till she was nice an' perrty. My companions call me mom. I wonder why? You know what I realized out here? I AM CLEAN???? Weird, huh? You should see my stuff mom. You would cry...with joy. 

This week I think I am just taking in the beauty of Hungary. We went into the Falo's this week, ( the country houses) and they are so beautiful. The Elders tract there so we normally stay in the city. They have these beautiful orchards! And they can everything mom! We got some homemade ketchup from one of the nannies here and it was TO DIE FOR! You have to try to make some! I eat it plain, and normally I hate tomatoes. So good. They also keep bees out here and one of our nannies said we could come over and have homemade jam and honey over bread. I am drooling right now...yep little bit on the keyboard, right there. Gross. I am going to ask them a lot about the beekeeping and keep you all posted. They also make tea out of weeds in their gardens. I am so doing this when I get home....except I will probably avoid all pasture areas. Alright, I am sending some pictures. Mom I cannot wait to talk to you on the 12th. I do not know how this is going to work, but it is Skype so just be ready. haha. ( I know you are really annoyed right now at the lack of details. sorry)

I love everyone. I am sending home some Hungarian candy. So if you didn't write this week you don't get any....well looks like mom is the only one getting stuff :) I love you all!!!!!!

Love Sis. Fowers

No comments:

Post a Comment